View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #34
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T3, Kindle 3, iPad2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
I use Sony and don't find I'm locked into a single ebook ecosystem at all... try calibre etc... becomes second nature and you can grab your boks from just about any seller...
This!

I buy from Amazon a lot and simply remove DRM and convert, all within Calibre.

If I did not have that knowledge, then there are a number of ebookstore alternatives that I can use, until I do gain that knowledge. Outside Amazon ePub is the standard.

To be honest though, a number of Kindle users I know do not care about alternative places to buy an ebook. They simply go on to Amazon and buy that ebook and within minutes they are reading it. That alone is certainly the most powerful feature of Amazon's ecosystem whatever other shortcomings there are.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote