View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
Krykorya
Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krykorya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 & iPad 4
Which ereader: functional microSD compatibility.

Good morning. Long-time lurker, first-time poster hoping for some assistance replacing her K4B. I'm very fond of raiding Amazon's free books, the Baen Free Library, Project Gutenberg and the Patricia Clark Memorial Library. As a result, I have a large number of books - too many to fit in the very restrictive internal space provided with the K4B. I'm a hoarder who enjoys taking her everything everywhere (you should see the size of my handbag!).

As a result, I've invested in an 8GB microSD card and loaded it with as many ebooks as possible. Now I just need to find a reader which will support the card. (I am acquainted with Apprentice Alf, so Amazon-dependency is non-existent.) As I'm located in Australia and I do not want to spend over $200, my options as I see them are: Kobo Touch, Kobo Wifi, Sony PRS-T1 and Sony PRS-T2. (I would include the iRiver Story HD, but I have a microSD card rather than a full-sized SD card. I do not include the Kobo Glo because I'm not interested in front-lighting.)

I'd rather not get the Kobo Wifi, as it's now two generations old. I view the PRS-T1 and PRS-T2 as having totally negligible differences, as I will be purchasing whichever I can find in a brick-and-mortar store. So when choosing between Kobo and Sony, my question is this: which device is more capable of handling a microSD card and several thousand shelved books, without crapping out?

Thank you for any advice.
Krykorya is offline   Reply With Quote