View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Question Help - Installing 3rd party plugins under Windows 8

Having moved from XP to Windows 8 I am having a few problems as everything is so radically different.
I am trying to install [some third party plugins from a downloaded zip file], and have managed to download them, and to follow the "Extract All" option.
This is where I've come up short, being a pretty bad example of Tech Dunce Syndrome, to be brutally honest.

I can't get beyond "navigate to the unzipped files" [a doodle, even for me, on the old familiar XP] because I don't know what I should be doing to do so ....... The OS layout is so different.
I appreciate that certain ........... circumstances, may make it ... perhaps more suitable to use Private Messages to me regarding this topic.
( I hope this post is OK with Moderators, and am happy for guidelines if needed. )

I would be really grateful if anyone up to scratch with Win 8 and [third party plugins], would be willing to help me with an "Idiots Guide" to installation of [third party plugins] ?
I'm OK operating the thing, (I think/hope !)but this has me beat, sorry.

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-05-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Generalised the title and request
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote