View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #96
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@Leir: Yep, perfectly normal, especially on the PW. 332x500 to 758x1024 is a somewhat severe upscaling, and while the upscaling algorithm is good, it's still an image upscaling algorithm, so a bit of blurriness is to be expected (we're not in CSI, where pixels magically appear from outer space when zooming ^^). And the two white bars on the side are an artifact of keeping the aspect ratio . That said, it should more or less look the same as the 'Go To > Cover' in the reader .

@7hir7een: To be perfectly honest, I kept the aspect ratio intact partly because that's what the reader does, but mostly because I abhor looking at stuff that doesn't respect AR .

That said, it's pretty trivial to change:

In linkss/bin/cover-extract, line 82:

Change
Code:
${LINKSS_BINDIR}/convert "${file}" -resize ${MY_SCREEN_SIZE} -background white -compose Copy -gravity center -extent ${MY_SCREEN_SIZE} -colorspace Gray -gamma 2.2 -quality 79 "${LINKSS_BASEDIR}/cover_cache/cover_${file_key}.png"
To
Code:
${LINKSS_BINDIR}/convert "${file}" -resize "${MY_SCREEN_SIZE}!" -colorspace Gray -gamma 2.2 -quality 79 "${LINKSS_BASEDIR}/cover_cache/cover_${file_key}.png"
(It's a shell script, so the usual warnings apply: don't touch anything else, use a real text/code editor that honors *nix line endings & doesn't decide to put an UTF-8 BOM, etc ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-04-2012 at 09:57 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote