I would like to say thanks to murg for maintaining the link list. This is really helpful.
Today I installed MinGW in order to compile MARISA 0.2.0 under Windows and try my hands at her tools. Would have been nice to fall in love with her. She didn't compile first. I found a related bug report
and applied the proposed solution (link
). After that she compiled. I wrote some lines of random text into a file "keyset.txt" and run marisa-benchmark and marisa-build against it. Both seemed to do their job, whatever their job exactly might be. Then I run all other tools, marisa-lookup and so on, against the dictionary "keyset.dic", which was produced by marisa-build. All of them reported the same error:
marisa/grimoire/io/mapper.cc:99: MARISA_STATE_ERROR: !is_open(): failed to mmap a dictionary file: keyset.dic
I thought, maybe the culprit is my "keyset.txt" and ran the same tools against the "words" file of the English dictionary. The result was the same. Of course MARISA 0.2.0 is a rather young lady and evidently not much tested under windows. Therefore, I downloaded 0.1.5. The compilation failed with the same error message as 0.2.0. For this time, I gave up courting her.