View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #33
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Ainol Novo 7 Crystal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
You are kidding, right? You actually think that a local Chinese company follows better labor practices than Amazon demands from their suppliers?
No, I am not kidding, so no, not right. I'm fairly obvious when I'm kidding.

Have a look into the work environments in Amazon warehouses some time.

Of course, Amazon is working on replacing most of those workers with robots from Kiva Systems (a company which, like many others, has been assimilated into the Amazon Borg), so perhaps it doesn't matter: those people will be out of work soon.

In addition, Amazon puts local bookstores out of business. Which sucks. And there are plenty of other reasons for me to hate them. They're the online version of Wal-Mart, as far as I'm concerned.

None of that is kidding. Kthxbai.
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote