View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #180
David Marseilles
Leap & a net will appear.
David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Marseilles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus⁴ & Kindle⁴
Happy Birthday Mobileread!

My favorite forum is the Writer's Corner. There's a ton to figure out when you want to get published or self-publish, and it's invaluable to have a group that has done it already.

By way of improvement, I'd love to see some more engagement for the section. For example, MR could sponsor a quarterly short story competition. Not only would you tap this great concentration of talent, but you might even tease more readers into the writer's pool -- the more the merrier. To channel a favorite movie, Ratatouille, a bit, everyone can write, and a competition with a low barrier to entry (short story, friendly community judging) might bring new writers into the Corner.

No need for prizes or anything, by sponsorship I just mean assemble some judges, choose a theme each quarter, set up the x best stories for voting and feature the winner's story. It would be a nice community-building program.

Last edited by David Marseilles; 11-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.