View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #914
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
The shutdown functionality still seems not to work properly (appeared with the previous FW-update).
When switching the device into standby at night, and displaying the standby background-pic, today i recognized, that the last read PDF was shown, the clock showed the correct time, the page buttons were working, but the stylus was without function.
I can confirm this.

I have set my device to 10 minutes to StandBy, and 15 minutes to Poweroff. If I stopped reading something, my device will go to StandBy and power itself off later. That part works fine.

However, if I make it go to StandBy manually, after a certain time the device leaves StandBy by itself and returns to the main screen. It looks almost as if it tries to shut itself down (at least that's what I assume is happening here), but fails at it.

There I can't do anything (e.g. open books or go to settings). Also, the stylus does not work, and the device cannot be sent to StandBy by pressing the power button quickly. The only fix to this is to turn the device off completely (holding the power button). Rebooting solves it.

The big problem here is that after this happens the device is pretty much running all the time, which obviously drains the battery quite quickly.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote