View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #18
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
I'm reading in bed so none of that is going on. It's dark and my husband is snoring loudly next to me. I don't put the KF to sleep to go to the bathroom. I just close the cover. I'm never in there long enough for it to go to sleep. I know my battery life. It doesn't have to be an exact science. I get 12 hours from Charge to 25%. I find Gsam not to be totally accurate. It's close but it always says I have less then I really do. Then again it still force closes on me so it's not really running all the time. There's nothing I can do to fix that.

I think the key to good battery life if you just use your Kindle Fire as a Kindle is don't install many apps on it. I have only a small amount on mine. ES Explorer, Goodreads, Dropbox, ODMC and The lock and WiFi switches and of course Screen Dim. I have the email app set to stay off. I keep my brightness all the way down and with screen dim it's stays at 0.8% - 1.6%.

I sometimes do some minor surfing on Silk but that's about it.

12 Hours is excellent I think. I could probably squeeze another hour from it but I don't like running the battery down that low.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-01-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote