Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #899
askak
Enthusiast
askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@askak: Yeah, that's... not good. To be perfectly honest, we could spend (some? a lot of?) time to take a dive into the logs & the system to try to figure it out, but it'd quite frankly be a lot less painful if you had a bit of Linux background.

(FWIW, that smells like a ro rootfs, which shouldn't happen during the update process (might happen with a corrupt FS, but in that case, it should have triggered a fsck at boot, which should have fixed it... :?)).

So, yeah, the full debrick/reflash might really be the easiest/fastest solution .
Well, I changed the filesystem to rw, because the wiki commands to backup weren't working, and if has to be changed to ro again I don't think I did . I tried to ssh a lot of times, so probably yes, I damaged the filesystem.
askak is offline   Reply With Quote