View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD /Glo /Mini, Nexus 7.2, Nook HD, KFHD'13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
So, given my very special case - having both the Kindle Keyboard AND the Kindle Fire - yes, the Paperwhite might have worked as replacement, but it would have been a compromise, and it would not have been as good as either of the other two at their respective specialties. But I wanted the *best*, and an actual improvement over the other two (which I understood the PW to be, from the advertisements on the amazon page). So back it went.
Many people DO state that the PW is the best Kindle they have had so far. Maybe you had one that wasn't as good as some. As for myself, I got my PW to have in addition to my Kindle Keyboard and Kindle Fire, not as a replacement. I prefer it to the Keyboard, though I do use both on a daily basis. (They are on different accounts). The PW is awesome for use at night in the car or anywhere....I'd much rather take that out of the house than the Fire. I'd much rather read novels on the PW than on the Fire. I do have plenty of novels on the Fire but mainly just look at the pretty covers. I use my Fire for news, weather, web browsing, stuff like that. Very handy. I have a pretty good PW, not perfect in the dark, but absolutely acceptable, to me.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote