Thread: MobileRead November 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #15
Hamlet53
Sister Carrie
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I guess that you're saying that length of the book shouldn't be a factor in the decision making process? It's a fair call for a book club I suppose. But I balance what I read for the book club with what I've already committed to read elsewhere (eg. indie books I'm reading/reviewing).

Hopefully me using these inappropriate measures to exclude a book from my vote doesn't somehow make me ineligible. I can probably cope with ridicule if that is deemed necessary.
No if book length is what is important to a person I have no problem with that figuring into their vote. Anyone is free to base there decision on what ever factors they wish. I was just surprised that people were making that an issue for this book when it really is not an outlier in terms of length.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote