View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Autobrightness does work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
I am not entirely sure if the Auto brightnesses feature of the Fire Hd is turned on or even works I have tried several ways to trigger it to see how it works. What looks like a sensor to the left of the camera does nothing. Also along the black border there seems no sensor exists.

Google shows that amazon has had trouble with the sensor and on other models they have turned it off.
I went through 2 days of no light or heat with the Super Storm. I did notice the Autobrightness constantly changed when by my window in daylight to total darkness without any lights.

Since I use white fonts on a black background, the white fonts definetely changed from bright white in the day light to a greyish white in the total darkness.

I believe the sensor is located inside the camera window. If you block that with a cover or your finger, then it may not work.

The KF1G definitely did NOT have that option. The KFHD7-32 definitely has it. Using that option MAY cause more energy to be used by the screen especially if one uses the Dimmer App which may cancel the Autobrightness option from working altogether.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-31-2012 at 09:06 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote