View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Apparently some of you miss understood what I was saying.

I NEVER do a WiFi sync. Occasionally I hook up my iPad3 to my computer and let it sync through iTunes via a USB connection. That is painfully slow--over an hour to sync less than 4GB 3GB of data. iTunes has always been incredibly slow with syncing, but now it is much worse. [EDIT]: As in taking several times longer to sync.[/EDIT] The computer BTW is wired to the internet via an ethernet cable. No WiFi involved at all. I do NOT use the Apple cloud, BTW.

I do have a WiFi connection on the iPad3, and I allow the App Store app to update any prior purchased apps and occasionally purchase a new one. Whenever the App Store notifies me of an available app update I allow it to update that app. Those app updates are what I'm referring to as taking a very long time. Prior to iOS 6 on the iPad3, it would update most apps in a matter of a few seconds, usually less than a minute. Now it commonly takes 15 to 20 minutes!

Syncing and app updating was blazingly fast in iOS 5 but has become excruciatingly slow under iOS 6.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-31-2012 at 12:54 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote