View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #98
davidfosterart
davidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with others

Device: Kobo Glo
Well I got my Paperwhite, I am in the UK. I had a Kobo Glo which I took back so I can compare. I am happier with the Amazon eco system etc. so the experience seems better. The Paperwhite in the case is a lovely device. The screen with the light on lowest setting looks like a normal e-ink screen so great. With the light on 7 in a lit room it compares well with the Kindle Keyboard. The light on full looks rough with a brighter LED on the left and a red blotch and a green blotch. To be honest I can't see me using full brightness. In a normal room I will use it as if it was a Touch ignoring the light.
I might report it to Amazon to change after Christmas, I don't want the hassle of swapout now or risk getting a worse one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pwnolight.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	95193   Click image for larger version

Name:	pwmiddlelight.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	95194   Click image for larger version

Name:	pwfulllight.jpg
Views:	238