Thread: lv Serial Cable
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #48
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I have not tried firing up my 40W CO2 tube yet. I was thinking of testing it with something from my collection of neon sign transformers (per Sam's Laser FAQ):
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/laserco2.htm
Quote:
A Variac may be used for voltage control. Even many commercial CO2 lasers have used a manual or motorized Variac and neon sign transformer or phase control of a neon sign transformer for this.
Sadly, the variac I had since a young child has been shorted from copper vapor plating where not wanted, since I incorrectly hooked the input AC to the variable side some years back (which vaporized the winding on one end).

The chocolate printer seems a lot safer though...

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-29-2012 at 07:34 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote