View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #21
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini + Marvin app,Kindle 4 & Fire HD, Nook ST, NookColor+N2A SD,
Actually, when I click on that link it doesn't go to the Android section - it just goes to the top of the general FAQ page. I have to scroll down to the Android section - not sure why since the link looks like it should go there.

At any rate, I'm on a Mac too - and happily am able to successfully connect wirelessly to my Calibre Library (which is on a Mac laptop) from my Fire HD. It's great for downloading ePubs to Aldiko and .mobi files for the Kindle app. It's not a great solution for importing lots of books at once, and unfortunately it looks like that's what the OP may want to do, but I don't import lots of books to my Fire anyway - just the book I'm reading and the next couple I might want to read. The ePub/Aldiko solution is a bit simpler than .mobi files, and I prefer Aldiko as a reading app, so it works for me. But of course that's a YMMV situation.

To "New" (if you're still here) - I understand some of your confusion if the link worked for you the way it worked for me. When they refer to the Collections feature & Calibre, though, they're talking about a plug-in for Calibre that worked with older Kindles to create Collections that would work on the Kindle - making it easier to create and manipulate Collections because you could do it on the computer rather than on the Kindle. Starting with the Touch, I believe, that plug-in doesn't work any more. It isn't related to the business of Androids & Macs connecting or not - it's an Amazon/Calibre thing. So if you haven't been using that plug-in, it isn't something you need to worry about.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote