View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2013, HDX 2013, PW 2012, HD 2012
WiFi effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
With WiFi Off how long does the Battery last?
If you leave WiFi off all the time, then you should get 6 hours and 30 minutes of battery life down to zero for the KFHD7-32.

I use the GSam Battery Monitor to make these calculations. WiFi on all the time uses between 5% and 10% of battery energy - NOT the larger percentages commonly believed.

My last cycle with WiFi on all the time went to a full charge at the 19% level and 5 hours and 39 minutes of use.

My present cycle shows 2 hours and 25 minutes of screen time used soaking up 45% of battery energy. My WiFi on all the time has soaked up 10% of battery energy.

My GSam Battery Monitor forecasts that I have 3 hours and 37 minutes left to zero battery energy left. I plan to do a full charge at the 10% to 15% level.

The biggest App user is Media = playing all my MP3 songs while I read, at 8% in this current cycle. System apps use 15% of battery energy in my current cycle. Reading eBooks uses only 1% in my current cycle and my Logos Bible app uses 2%. Every time I wake the KFHD7-32 I notice the GSam battery energy icon in the upper right corner drops 1%.

With this GSam app its easy to glimpse one's hours used and energy left right before one goes to a full charge and then record it in a spreadsheet to know the real battery history.

In contrast the Paperwhite got 10 hours and 29 minutes in its last battery cycle. There I track reading session times on a spreadsheet.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-29-2012 at 02:08 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote