View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #61
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Use Helvetica Fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman69 View Post
Not really happy at all. The light lens just adds too much diffusion so that the net effect is much less than I would like in sharpness. I am coming to PaperWhite from a Sony PRS-T1 and the Kindle just has less perceived sharpness. I have used Kindles in the past and they always seemed sharper than the Sony but were just too big and bulky for me. The PaperWhite is smaller and I had high hopes but I am rather disappointed.

And the battery life on the PaperWhite appears to be MUCH less than the Sony!!!!

Harvey
Use Helvetica fonts as large size as you can handle. They are very sharp. Some eBooks will not allow it but most will.

Finally, battery life on the PW is the best of all my eReaders. In my current charge cycle where I am recording each session time on an excel spreadsheet, I am up to 8 hours and 32 minutes and my meter shows about 20% of charge still left.

That contrasts with the following results exactly tabulated by my GSam Battery Monitor: Kindle Fire 1st Gen = 5 hours and 10 minutes average; Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 Gb = 5 hours and 39 minutes at the 19% level when I did a full charge for my last cycle. I measure from the date and time of disconnecting from the charger to the next time I need a full charge.

Others report from 2 to 20 hours of time on the Kindle Fire 1st Gen but have not validated that by recording the full Screen Time right before they connect the power cord for the Full Charge. One cannot use the GSam Total Time since that includes discharging the battery to zero which is never done.

If you want to compare the PW to the Sony, set up a spreadsheet for each and start recording Reading Session Times by date and time starting from the beginning of the charge cycle after disconnecting from the power. Run buth down until they will not stay awake until you do a full charge again.

Accumulate the Session Reading times in a column for the Cumulative Reading Time.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-28-2012 at 12:39 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote