Thread: NaNoWriMo 2012
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #29
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Heartening news for the downtrodden. (Disregard if you are not one. I am one!)

Write a good na-no novel and you might have this kind of happy ending. Here's an excerpt for any writer who may be experiencing creative constipation.

Peter Twohig recently sold his novel, "The Cartographer," to HarperCollins (Australia):

When my (now) agent saw the novel, she gave it to two readers. The three of them suggested extensive changes and corrections, especially to do with the timeline. As a result, I added ten chapters and rewrote much of the novel (which I had considered to be complete), reducing the timeline from ten months to three months and cutting out a number of incidents. After a few months of polishing, she considered the novel ready to send to publishers. As I said, the novel has now been acquired by HarperCollins. I now swear by: having the novel read; checking everything a dozen times, especially time references; making sure that each important character has a distinctive voice.

I do all my writing using Scrivener, the most useful program for writers ever invented, and I export finals into Nisus Writer Pro for polishing. I use DEVONthink Pro and DEVONagent to collect and organise info.

Here's a link to the full interview:

http://blog.lettersandlight.org/post...th-pete-twohig

Unfortunately, I am unable to buy this book from Amazon (main) in ebook format.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-28-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote