View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #16
Katel
Addict
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo touch (new owner)
Shane Maloney is terrific, I've just read Brush off. His 'hero' is able to laugh at himself, in some very sticky situations, and it's been made into a TV series.

Peter Temple is a fine writer, his novels are well written. He also has a crime series featuring the detective Jack Irish, which is very popular - also made into tv series.

Patrick White our Nobel Prize winner is not to everyone's taste but I just loved The Twyborn Affair which takes the reader
into the Outback and cattle stations - very atmospheric and solid complex characters, , and his writing is brilliant. I found this book far more accessible than Voss.

I must look out for Vicki Tyley (on others' recommendations) as I haven't come across her.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote