View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
HowGozit
Enthusiast
HowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS650, Rocketbook,Tablet PC, iPod Touch, Galaxy Tab, Thinkp Tab
PDF reading..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
I have a Nook, which I like, but for pdf's with lots of pictures, diagrams, and tables, it just doesn't work well. So I'm thinking of picking up an inexpensive tablet mostly to read PDF's with a fair amount of non-text content as described above, and perhaps read some blogs over wifi.

Suggestions?
I still happily use my Acer A501 (which is pretty dated by now) which is a 10 inch Android tablet (Android 4). I use it for PDF's, Comics on PDF, and Zinio mags. I can read on Kindle and FBReader as well.

It's screen is faded compared to new tablets or the iPad (which I own as well) - but it is still my go to device.

Eink (and I own 3 of those - all Sony - and my wife has a Kindle 4) is the only answer when you read in sunlight. The 7" tablets are fantastic for ereading - but some PDF's, Comics and some magazines are a bit cramped - depends on your eyes of course.

I like the suggestion of the Asus TF300 - keyboard would be optional...

Ross
HowGozit is offline   Reply With Quote