View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
Tony Richards
Guru
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I'm just quoting what every single litfic professor I've talked to has said. Flashbacks by definition can't convey action.
I too disagree with this. Why can't flashbacks convey action? And since they're part of a character's past -- and therefore part of what has shaped that character -- they can be a pertinent, if not extremely important, element of the plot as well.

The easiest way to convey a flashback is to italicize the paragraphs in which the flashback happens. It's just that simple.
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote