View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
jj2me
Fanatic
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, Paperwhite 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Not true. My Kindle for Android on my tablet was given a kindle email address. My phone was not, and PC installs were not. Apparently it depends on the device type but it is not required to be a kindle device. And it works. I just tested it.
Thanks. But just to be sure we're talking the same thing: Calibre delivers free to your Android_tablet's_name@free.kindle.com, and that works?. I.e., you set up Calibre's Preferences (Sharing books by email) to deliver to that @free.kindle.com address and tested that or something similar?

In that case, I bought a Fire for no good reason. (Unless the restriction I mentioned was previously true and has since been relaxed.)

All your Kindle devices/apps should have an assigned kindle.com e-mail address, which can be found at Amazon: Your Account --> Manage Your Kindle --> Personal Document Settings --> Send-to-Kindle E-mail Settings.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote