While working on my fb2 to mobi converter
I noticed that there was no easy (e.g. using command-line) way to examine headers or content of freshly generated .mobi files. Well, may be there was but I failed to find it and ended up writing my own tool.
So here is the result: https://github.com/gonzoua/readmobi
readmobi is a simple command-line utility capable of:
- Dumping Palm Database headers/records info
- Dumping MOBI (including PalmDoc) header info
- Dumping EXTH header info and EXTH records
- Dumping raw Palm Database records (useful for image extraction)
- Dumping book content to file
Only PalmDoc compression is supported and now DRM support. Tested on FreeBSD, Linux and MacOS X
Hope it will come handy to someone.