View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Chris Jones
Enthusiast
Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Chris Jones is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: none
Is the Calibre library directly portable to current e-readers?

I have populated a fairly large (~3GB) library on my laptop using Calibre's "add books" capability.

I was planning on copying this library to a micro SD card, popping the SD card into a (yet-to-be acquired..) e-reader, and start reading..

I looked at the structure of the Calibre library and saw that:

* There is an SQLite metadata.db database file at the top level of the Calibre library tree

* The custom book cover files that I downloaded manually/separately live at the top of each book's directory tree rather than inside the .epub files

This gives me a feeling that the Calibre library may not be fully compatible with the software on e-readers and that what I had in mind may not work as I hoped..!

Are my assumptions correct..?

Will I have to use the "Send to device" features of Calibre to upload the books to the e-reader via a USB connection..?

Has anyone had a comparable experience..?
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote