View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Well. I know that the dev has his hands full right now so I will give it a go.

Also posting this onto the GUI Launcher thread might not have been a bad idea.
But that aside...

It sounds to me (guess) that one of the menus (possibly that last one on the list) has a slightly malformed list structure.

Effectively the menu is one big lump of object and malformed entries will prevent "later" entries being processed (think: "unspecified behaviour")

Now I don't use the gui launcher, this is a problem. In terms of fixing your boot rotation my solutions would all require root access so again this is a problem.

I am assuming you have tried a graceful uninstall of the the application and reinstalled the last known good working version from the site.

working on the assumption that the gui launcher programattically creates menu items at runtime this may well fix the issue.

Also worthy of note: OTHER APPLICATIONS COULD BE DOING IT. You state that other applications show and GUI Thingy does not.

Hence if they precede the gui thingy they could well prevent it running.
Check for malformed menu.jsons, or simply "uninstall" everything. (read for this: "delete".)

then put them in one by one.

See, if you remove everything, if you still have a weird launch rotation issue.

So to sum up. And this is totally non-specific to the problem I suppose - just good practice:

Delete / Uninstall everything. Install it one by one, and test along the way
Document exactly how it dies if it dies again.

That would be my advice. Hope it helps.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote