View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #1045
Aurora borealis
Ebook addict
Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Aurora borealis , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo touch
First off, I want to say thank you for this firmware It's a major improvement over the 2.0 firmware. Navigation to the home screen and shelves is way quicker, and I love how the clock now shows after only one tap in the middle of the page. However, I have a few complaints:

1. The new line at the bottom part of the home screen and library is ugly and useless. In the home screen, it's above the "You have X books in your wishlist" text, in the library it's above the bottom arrows. I just... don't get why it's there. I makes the home screen much more cluttered. It would look 10 times better if the line was not there (the text could stay, if it must - although I'm sure there are more elegant ways to display that information - the line is really what makes my eyes bleed). Same goes for the library.

2. Please bring back the option to browse the library/shelves by showing a single book at a time (cover + summary, etc). It was available a few firmwares back, and I found it extremely handy when trying to decide what to read next. Now if I want to check the summaries of a couple books on a given shelf, I have to tap the book, tap "see more information", read the summary, close it, tap another book, etc, etc. It's quite painstakingly slow, compared to browsing directly in a single book view.

3. Please bring back the hearts for quickly adding books to the shortlist!

4. Highlighting. I love highlighting my ebooks. It only took one tap in the previous firmwares, now it takes two because highlight and annotations have been grouped under the same icon. I understand the desire to keep the cluttering of the bottom bar to a minimum, but this is simply inconvenient.

Last edited by Aurora borealis; 10-25-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Aurora borealis is offline   Reply With Quote