View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Your odds are incorrect. Some 1 star reviews are for the PW not having audio, slow shipping, "ads" in cover view, etc.

Plus it's been rumored that Amazon has shipped close to 1 million PWs so far. Random reviews by 837 purchasers can in no way be used to set odds as to whether you'll get a "good" replacement.
You are correct. All the posters to this forum combined are just a drop in the bucket of total Amazon Paperwhite sales so far. Star voters on the PW page are also a drop in the bucket.

I have purchased hundreds, if not thousands, of products from Amazon and only posted my star view a very few times.

Even if products are defective in one way or the other, I rarely return any. Most are still functionable with defects and others cost so little that I do not want to waste any of my time returning them. I simply give them as "gifts" to others or just throw them out.

Also, another person posted he received two defective PW's. That is not the same as returning one for a refund and then ordering a new one and waiting for it. Those ordered at the exact same time may have all been from the same production line having a QC problem that week.

This poll is really just for our little group here and is trying to see what happens in the future for those who return the PW for a refund and then order a new one. We will know the outcome in about 6 weeks.

There may have been a few who already did that. They can vote here and tell the rest of us.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-25-2012 at 01:45 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote