View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #41
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that was the case. We have been referring to refurbs, but to be honest I doubt many of the returned units will ever be refurbed. I think they will simply restart and rebox them and send them to unsuspecting souls as replacements.
Yep. I feel certain that is what happened. On Amazon's site it clearly says refurbished units will not include a quick start guide. Mind you, I don't think it was refurbished. I think it was simply someone's return, which is even worse.

I wrote Amazon a long letter so I'll likely get a call about it. Which will again be pointless. I still felt the need to go into detail about my experience and the defects. My biggest issue at this point is that Amazon won't own up to the fact that a problem exists with these units.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote