View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #22
judyz
Enthusiast
judyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-950
The saga continues... Both Coles Masonville and North London Chapters were supposed to have the Sleep Cover instock according to the website. Coles said they were in boxes in the back which she couldn't dig through because she was on her own. I can completely understand that. They would apparently get put away tomorrow and they couldn't put one aside for me because she wouldn't be in and didn't trust the others to actually do it. Bizzare. Her suggestion was running across to Chapters. She didn't offer to call ahead for us. She also told me that a Kobo Touch case would "fit just fine". I had to show her the difference by pulling out my Glo which was falling out of a official Kobo Touch case.

So we ran across to Chapters. They had a red one and a black one that appeared to have a paper/cardboard outside cover for $39.99 (the "PU" cases). I figured they would be scuffed in no time. The fabric one (Heather Grey) was supposed to be in stock but once again a pile of boxes in the back unpacked. They must have had 20 staff on at the time but nobody apparently openning boxes. A stocking crew would be in the next day sometime to do that job and once again nobody could put one aside or even tell me for sure when or if they might have them.

It seems like Chapters/Indigo are really falling behind. I try to support them but they are making it more and more difficult. Their stocking system and the poor overall customer experience are beginning to make me think they are a company that seriously needs a wakeup call.
judyz is offline   Reply With Quote