View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
This is pertinent to my question. The page from the developers website states:

"Amazon have removed the ability to manipulate collections completely in their newer models, like the Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire, making even the above plugin useless. If you really want the ability to manage collections on your Kindle via a USB connection, we encourage you to complain to Amazon about it, or get a reader where this is supported, like the SONY Readers."
Your question was:

Quote:
Calibre recognizes my Kindle DX, and Kindle Keyboard, but it does not recognize my Kindle Fire HD. Help please.
Kovid sent you to the specific FAQ that covers this question. What you are referring to above is outside of what you asked and outside of the FAQ link you were pointed to. You may find it interesting and want to know more but it is not pertinent your initial question of calibre does not recognize my device.

Quote:
Which confuses me even more because it makes me interpret this statement that I can't use my Kindle via a USB to access my Calibre library on any new Kindle.
As it exists now, with a OSX machine you will not be able to connect to your Kindle Fire HD via a USB cable. This is written out in the section of the FAQ you were directed to.

Quote:
This is cryptic to me because Kindle Fire HD was not spelled out as an android on his website, not everyone knows that it is.
For whatever reason Amazon does not advertise that their tablet is in fact an android tablet. I agree it might help if it was added to the FAQ question for clarification.

Quote:
Also the above mentioned paragraph is very confusing to me. Since Calibre doesn't see my KFHD when USB plugged in, this means to me that Kindle Touch or any new Kindle will be the same, not detected when plugged into USB to Calibre. Yikes!
Assuming because one device does x then all the rest must also do x is something that I can't help you with.

Quote:
See why I am confused?
I see why you are confused. But you did ask a question then spin off into a totally unrelated area, I can see how you got there, but it is a new area non the less. Using anything for the first time can be confusing, more so if you by a device that is as closed off as the Kindle Fire HD.

I'm not a Kindle Fire HD owner, but the way I see it you have two ways to get books to your device. One is to use the calibre content server, described in the previously linked FAQ. Two is to use calibre's email feature to email the books to your device.

Good luck and if you have further questions about the Paperwhite or collections please address these in different threads.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote