View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunrun View Post
Tomorrow I should hopefully recieve my Paperwhite, and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to ensure that my library carries over, for example keeping my progress in my books, and my catagories. Most of my books aren't from the Kindle store so as far as I know whispersync won't work with them.
If I drop my documents folder from my current kindle into my new one will that work?
Yep just copy all the files from Documents from your old Kindle to your new Kindle and you wont lose anything. Then go to Cloud on the paperwhite and tap Cloud and choose import Collections, Choose your old Kindle's name and you should be all set up. Any Amazon books will have to redownloaded but this should work for sideloaded and pdoc books.

To import Collections: (From Amazon)

From the Home screen, select Cloud.
Select Menu and then select Import Collections.
Select the device you want to import a collection from, and then select OK

Note: For this to work they must be the exact files from your old Kindle. So all I do is plug in my old Kindle. Copy the documents folder to desktop then eject, Plug in the new Kindle and copy over all files in the folder to the new documents folder and eject.

All info on sideloaded books are kept in local files so you wont lose anything if you copy those local files over. See this post for what those files are.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-24-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote