View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #45
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Hmm perhaps I was wrong then to completely dismiss it. I've seen a few people now complaining about the light on the Glo, and I figured it'd just be if you were light sensitive, but what you say makes sense.

The problem is only being able to view the demo models in a shop under bright lights, you can't really see much about the quality of the light, just that it's there.
I don't think you were wrong to dismiss it for the reasons you did, just that there are other more subtle factors that play into it as well which change the field a bit.

Color temperature seems to play into circadian rhythms as well in weird ways, where whites closer to daylight will screw up a sleep cycle more than warmer whites. Even though our brain does interesting stuff in the visual cortex, there are other side channels for light to affect us via the retinal pathways that aren't associated with vision. Interesting stuff, and a decent amount of research in how light affects us and environment at night these days.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote