View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #107
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Anyone with physical access to my Touch could buy books with it. There is no parental control. Of course, that's only books from the Kobo store and only to my account, but it could still be potentially annoying.

I remember seeing a well-written cost breakdown of the publishing game by an independent sort a while back. Wish to god I'd bookmarked it. Anyways, it turns out that while yes, ebook costs are lower, they are not nearly as lower as you'd think. The physical parts of the process don't make up nearly as much of the final cost as I'd expected.

As for the "drug dealer" technique, it's a classic. Think it's called "loss leader" in more "respectable" circles. I think it's an awesome idea, personally.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote