View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Nexus 4, HP Touchpad, Nexus 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
Thanks, Graham! I'll be exploring this, too. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for, but 'grittily realistic' is what resonated with me in what you wrote.
I've only recently got back into comics, so I can't give you too many tips - I hope someone more knowledgeable chimes in so I can get pointers too!

However, you'll probably find browsing Comixology that you're drawn to certain publishers. For example, Vertigo seems to be more off beat and mature than DC.

Also, watch out for the regular 99 cents per issue promotions which highlight a particular series. Those are a great way to try out the first couple of issues of something which then goes on to prove to be a favourite. (I now have 60-odd issues of Transmetropolitan to occupy me!)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote