Thread: web browsing Qs
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
web browsing Qs

Hi guys, some questions for you about what your experience is like when browsing websites on the Kindle Fire.

If you have NOT changed any settings to force one or the other, or try to use "m." in the URL, etc., do you find that you typically see the "regular" site, or the mobile site? I mean for large sites, and I'm particularly interested in ecommerce sites like the Gap, Best Buy, whatever shopping sites you use. Do these large sites ever redirect you to the mobile site, when they detect that your device is a Kindle Fire?

Do you ever change yourself to the mobile site, either by trying to force the URL or changing the user agent (if you can do that)?

How do you find that regular sites look on the Kindle Fire? Do they fit on the screen well? Any that look particularly good in size and spacing? (again, I'm really looking for large shopping sites, but any that you like would be good!)

How do you find that mobile sites look on Kindle Fire? Good or weird?

If you care to answer, it would be great to let me know if you use Fire or Fire HD!

You can see that I am a long-time member of this site, but this is getting background for my work (I hope that's ok). I work for a large ecommerce company and while we do mobile and tablets, we really focus on iphone and ipad. We are looking to expand and make sure our sites look good on other tablet screen sizes. I'm just trying to get some grounding first in what the experience is like.

Thank you very much!
eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote