Thread: K5 JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #864
Daveychan
Daveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toysDaveychan shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle PW
Smile Manual install of JBPatch

Hello,

First, i'd like to say THANK YOU for all the hard work and time put into these patches, hacks, and tweaks. i'm very grateful!

I've just JB my KPW (v5.2) thanks to all the information here, and i've also SSHed in, etc. I'd now like to install the JBPatch, and i've read that others have done it (but not HOW they've done it)...

Is there a way to manually install the patch since the upgrade function is greyed out? Is there a way to manually force an update of a .bin file? (i've tried the "lipc-set-prop com.lab126.ota startUpdate 1" command with the .bin in my /mnt/us directory, but nothing happens)

My final goal is to play around with the various tweaks that JBPatch offers, but until i can get it into my system, i cannot play with the patches of course...

Please and Thanks!
Daveychan is offline   Reply With Quote