View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #19
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Sorry to hear it Jessica. I know you had quite a few posts about rooting the Fire and such....do you jailbreak your iphone?

Personally, I'm an android guy but my wife has an iphone and ipad. I guess the mini is especially useful if you're already invested in the apple ecosystem.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a retina ipad mini with the A6 chip in just a few short months. I bet Apple rushed a lower end mini to cut into Nexus/Fire sales over xmas.

I know lots of people are very upset (macrumors) about the iPad 3 being replaced in only 7 months.
I could care less about Retina. I have it on my iPhone 4, but I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket as my main phone (the iPhone 4 back was falling apart and I couldn't wait for the 5) and I like the regular screen. Don't care much about the chip either as I'm not going to do stuff that requires it.

I have jailbroken my iPhones since they came out with jailbreaking (amazing time, before the app store even!). I can't WAIT to jailbreak the mini! I'm going to squeeze as many apps as I can in the first home screen.

Apple needed to do it now as this is when parents buy stuff like laptops for the upcoming semester. I don't think they'll refresh it quick this time around, it's just that the iPad 3 was overheating among other things so they needed to go back to the drawing board.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote