As a long-time Sony devotee it was with some trepidation that I bought a Kobo Glo (of course I didn't need
a new reader at all, but as I was passing WHSmith a terrible compulsion overwhelmed me
). Anyway, after all I'd read about previous Kobo 'flakiness' I didn't set my expections too high.
I'm pleased to say that I've been very pleasantly surprised and much of it is because of your KoboTouch driver, which provides many of the features I came to rely on from the Sony drivers. Much karma to you
(I also really like the excellent font control).
There are a few things I wanted to ask...
- If a book has 2 authors in calibre, only the first one seems to display in the Kobo library view. Is this a limitation of the Kobo device itself or is the 2nd author going AWOL during the calibre transfer process (send-to-device is the method I used)?
- If I've understood the cover options correctly:
I imagine that both options could be quite lengthy with a large library. I was wondering whether there might also be an option to only send covers for the books that you are currently sending to device, which may be faster?
- Always upload - refreshes all covers every time you connect and
- Upload covers - refreshes only existing device covers.
- Also regarding covers, would it be possible, at some point, to add an extra option to the driver (as per the Sony drivers). A checkbox to choose whether or not to preserve aspect ratio when building thumbnails/fullsize covers. As far as I can see, aspect ratio is currently always preserved. As a 'white-stripe-ophobe', I would much rather have the thumbnails fill all available space, even if it does distort a little. BTW I do understand that others would consider this sacrilege, but I don't think I'm alone either
- Are the cover options for epub only? If I send a PDF with 'Always upload' checked, on the Kobo I seem to get page 1 of the PDF as a thumbnail rather than the calibre cover (cover.jpg)