View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I'm curious as to which book sellers would make you purchase new copies of DRM ebooks??

I know that Amazon keeps a back up of all of my media so that I can redownload it as I need to. If my Kindle dies on me, that one thing I can rest easy about. I should not need to make all of my purchases again.
Let me clarify that. Suppose you lose or break both of your Kindles. Suppose as well that a new, non-Kindle reader comes out with features compelling enough that you buy it. What happens to your Kindle content?

Right now, for DRMed content, you are locked into the Kindle platform. That may be fine for you now, but will it always be?

I want to download content once, and read it on whatever I happen to have. So I want a format supported on a broad number of platforms, and I want DRM (if I must have it) which will let me change platforms at will.

I refuse to be locked into a platform by DRM.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote