View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #65
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
It would be better to post the info.

Whenever I read one of these stories I always wait for the inevitable "well, I did X and that is why Amazon did Y." There always is a retraction by the aggreived party. Yes, the closing of an account and Amazon's unwillingess to be specific about the problem is annoying. Yes, I would like Amazon to do better.

In this case, it appears her Kindle was broken and she knew it was broken. Ooopps

Amazon is a business. It is not an evil entity out to screw people. If some one violates the TOS on a regular basis and gets caught then there are consequences. If I speed and get a ticket, I pay a fine and my insurance goes up. That is a risk associated with speeding. If I violate the TOS and get caught, I might face some consequences including the loss of the books.

How many people have Kindles and how frequently does this happen? I have no problem with buying books from Amazon. I remove the DRM and have back ups of my books. Even without that, I wouldn't have a problem with buying books from Amazon. You have to do something seriously wrong to have this tupe of thing happen.

Or break your Kindle and fabricate a story for some silly reason
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote