View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #42
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
This update sounds in the ballpark of plausible:

Quote:
Linn says her account was mysteriously re-activated after my article published." . . .

Sadly, the device developed a fault (actually a second time, it was also replaced in 2011 for the same reason) and started to display black lines on the screen (something I've heard from other friends as it happens). She called Amazon customer service, and they agreed to replace it if she returned it, although they insisted on shipping the replacement to a UK address rather to her in Norway.
My K3's have developed that flaw three times, and for the same reason. I'm clumsy and cracked the screen. Lucky for me, Amazon, in practice, honors the warranty for screen damage.

It does look like the reason Amazon temporarily closed her account is because she tried to save money by buying books as if from another country. I can understand why Amazon wouldn't like this. But at least she was paying for the books. When you consider that Kindles are probably returned every day for warranty replacement, filled with DRM free best-sellers not purchased from Amazon (or borrowed, via Overdrive, through Amazon), they are right to let this peccadillo slide.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 10-22-2012 at 08:31 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote