View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #949
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Acer Iconia 500w Tablet, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Your first problem in all cases is that the section name needs to be [www.fanfiction.net], not [http://www.fanfiction.net/]. With that fixed, both of your latter two examples work.
I thought I had missed something when I put the code in. I didn't even realize that I had the 'http' on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
But even with that, it needs a new feature to make it work. And it's interesting enough I've taken a stab at it.

With the attached version, try this:

Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]

## *Five* part lines.  Effect only when trailing conditional key=>regexp matches
## metakey[,metakey]=>pattern=>replacement[&&metakey=>regexp]
replace_metadata:
 characters=>Sam W\.=>Sam Witwicky&&category=>Transformers
 characters=>Sam W\.=>Sam Winchester&&category=>Supernatural
It's similar to your intuitive first try above, but puts the conditional at the end with a different separator.

This will fail in the face of a Transformers/Supernatural crossover, but I don't see any way around that.
Thanks. It worked great. I know that it wouldn't be able to figure out which name to use if there was a crossover, but how would it respond if that happened? Would it randomly choose one or just leave it as Sam W.? Either way, I'll probably just have to do any story like that manually. I don't mind doing a few. Although, I don't think that there is any Transformer/Supernatural crossover that I want that has the character Sam W. so it may not be a problem for me.
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote