View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #53
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeigneurAo View Post
In terms of coding, it certainly is a small thing, but such a critical feature would need extensive testing, and if I understand correctly you're in beta testers group so you know perfectly well this can take more than first thought.
Also, as it has been stated elsewhere, wouldn't we wish developers to use their time and skills on something else than failproofing software against erratic, and discouraged user behaviour such as sideloaded firmwares ?
Don't worry, I understand that completely. I've spent far much time fixing the problems caused by the "one more thing" that someone insisted on to take any change lightly. From looking at the code, this seems a simple change but you're right, the testing could be a nightmare.

It might not be obvious from what I said, but this has mainly been an intellectual exercise for me. I basically agree with the Kobo developers attitude on it and I don't expect then to do anything now. Plus there are other things I want them to do first. And they know what they are But, I hope they add this to their list and consider it when they have time. Or when they plan the Glo II and the Micro. Or maybe the SuperGlo and the Glo Mini.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote