View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #99
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
For those, who have not yet ordered a PW. January, 2013, would probably be the best time to order it after all initial problems have been cleared.

For those, who have received two PW's already, if one has "defects" barely perceptible in one unit, the best bet is to keep that one and use it. They can always exchange it sometime in the next 12 months.

Some units, like mine, have no problems for ME but others here have looked at photos of my unit and said it has big defects. Thus, our own vision flaws or capabalities may influence our decision and we should each make our own decision and forget comments by others here.

Normal ambient light and the PW light levels at which one uses the PW also have an enormous influence on our judgement on whether to keep the unit or return it.

Another option is to order the Kindle Fire HD instead. I ordered the 32 Gb model which is due the end of next week. I'll be using my PW and the Fire HD.

As of now at the PW page on Amazon it shows 260 five star reviews which includes mine and 75 one star reviews which probably includes most of the complainers here. The number of one star reviews is large but not comparable to the number of five star reviews.

By the way, I just processed a different item back to Amazon. There is no need to call Customer Service if you want a refund. Just go to the order page of the item within 30 days, process the return and Amazon will send UPS to your house or office with a prepaid label to pick it up. Just enclose the Return Authorization and a copy of your Invoice.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-19-2012 at 03:33 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote