Originally Posted by kiwidude
I'm confused. I am not going to make it single select. Spell out for me again the exact steps in sequence and what the actual "problem" is.
Here is what I just did:
- Selected a book that was on one list
- Clicked on the Reading list button to display the menu
- Chose "Move to list..."
- On the move dialog:
- The only list is selected in the "remove from" list box
- Selected all the other lists in the "add to" list box. This was five lists.
- Press OK
- A message box with warning "The selected book(s) do not exist on this list" came up four times.
When I checked, the book was not in the original list but it was in the five lists selected.
The messages make sense. The book is moved from the original list to the first of the "add to" lists with no problems. When doing the next move, the book is no longer in the original list, so this warning is displayed. And hence there is a warning for each move after that. So, it makes sense, but as it all happens in a single action for the user, it is messy and confusing. And I had to examine the results to see if the changes had actually happened.