View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #630
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Good on you too, Harry! Cutting portion size really does cut calories, and those daily walks burn off more. I was 103kg at the end of July. This morning I tipped the scales at 88. The weight loss enabled me to fly last week, and the daily hill walking and stair climbing exercise gave me the leg muscles to run fast enough to achieve take off speeds. I still want to drop another 8kg, but I don't have the pressing need for speed that I had before our trip to paragliding school. If I can loose them over the next two months I'll be satisfied. I've UPed my calorie intake to 1000-1200 a day as I want to put back the muscle that I've let go over the years. I've been doing basic military calisthenics daily; 50 push ups (press-ups to the Brits) 100 sit-ups, Leg raises, etc., and a lot of stretching. I have to admit... when I look in the mirror these days I no longer see The Great White Whale... And now that my knees are working again, I think I'm going to add in daily martial arts kicks; side thrusts, rear thrusts, front snap, etc. We don't have spinning kicks in my style so I have no problem practicing in our little living room.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote