View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #629
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
After a long enforced break due to a knee injury I'm getting seriously back to my weight-loss regime now. Since the start of September I've lost slightly over 7kg (17lbs), so I too am losing about 1kg/week.

The way I'm doing it is by an all-day Saturday walk each week out in the hills with my local Ramblers Association group (normally about 12 miles), 1-1.5h brisk walk every other day of the week (half an hour at lunch time, an hour in the evening), and trying to restrict my food intake to about 1000 calories a day (bowl of cornflakes and a cup of tea for breakfast), soup and a piece of dry bread for lunch, and a 500-calorie healthy "ready meal" from my local supermarket, and a low-fat yoghurt for dinner. I'm steadily losing about 2-3 lbs/week by this method.

Unfortunately I'm off an a 2-week holiday on Monday, so it's going to be really tough to carry on with the sensible eating during that. I don't have any hope of not gaining weight during it, but hopefully it'll come off again relatively quickly afterwards.

Still horribly overweight. Need to lose about another 30kg to get down to a healthy weight. Hope to achieve that in about a year, all being well. I am encouraged by the fact that simple physics really does work, though: expend more energy than you consume and you DO lose weight . Don't see any point in gyms - brisk walking achieves just as much and you get the benefit of the fresh air, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote