View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
I'm after a 9.7" e-reader. :^) I prefer a dedicated device for reading, as I am easily distracted by shininess.

Hey, I see you and I are neck-and-neck in the Librarything '75 in 2012' thingumabob. I'm at 61, as well.
You can get a screen protector to reduce the shininess. A 9.7" eink reader is going to cost as much or more then an iPad and give you less functionality and less usability for the PDF you want to read. There is no eink reader that will be as good as the Goodreader app on an iPad. It just isn't done. I have the Goodreader app and it is very good. I have an eink reader and if my 650 had a 9.7" screen, it would still not be as good a Goodreader and iPad.

As for my Librarything, it's actually GoodReads. I found Librarything atrocious and found GoodReader to be pretty good. Shefari is even worse then LIbrarything.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote